Our aeronautics group works in all areas related to aviation (civil, commercial and military) and related matters.
Our main services in this area include:
- International aircraft financing;
- Advising international lessors and lenders in structuring financing transactions involving commercial aircraft, executive jets and helicopters with Brazilian lessees, including tax and customs issues relative to financing and importing aircraft and other equipment in Brazil;
- Regulatory work with the Brazilian Aeronautical Registry (Registro Aeronáutico Brasileiro), or RAB, and the National Civil Aviation Agency (Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil), or ANAC, regarding creating airlines or transferring control of air taxi companies and airlines, including the authorizations required by the ANAC;
- Structuring, implementing and monitoring shared aircraft ownership from a corporate, regulatory and operational perspective, as well as the management of third-party aircraft;
- Representation in the financial restructuring, court-supervised reorganization and bankruptcy of airlines;
- Aircraft repossession;
- Representing international clients creating companies in Brazil or in acquisitions and joint ventures with Brazilian companies;
- Representing private equity funds in investments in Brazil involving complex corporate structures to ensure proper returns;
- Representing international banks in financing transactions with Brazilian companies, including loans and asset-backed financing and the respective structures to secure them; and
- Structuring financing programs to support the sale of products in Brazil by American manufacturers, guaranteed by the Ex-Im Bank.