Our lawyers are trained to advise Brazilian and international companies in securitization, project finance and trade finance transactions, banking products and services and the establishment of banking institutions.
Our lawyers act intensively before the Brazilian Securities Commission (Comissão de Valores Mobiliários), or CVM, and the Brazilian Central Bank, allowing us to resolve highly complex cases. Our clients include financial institutions, investors, private equity funds, asset managers and hedge funds.
Our main services in this area include:
- Legal advising to issuers and underwriters for the public and private issuance of securities on the Brazilian and international capital markets;
- Legal advising in preparing and negotiating documents concerning public and private securities offerings, including all phases in the preparation of prospectuses, indentures, placement and distribution agreements and guarantee documents;
- Legal advising on the procedures to take companies public or private, make tender offers for securities and dispose of controlling equity blocks;
- Legal advising for registering natural persons or corporate entities with government agencies, representing clients in administrative proceedings through consultations, requests and appeals, including before the National Securities Commission and the National Financial System Appeals Board (Conselho de Recursos do Sistema Financeiro Nacional), or CRSFN;
- Legal advising in highly complex structured financial transactions and receivables securitizations;
- Legal advising in the preparation and negotiation of all the documents connected with financial transactions, including loan agreements, security agreements and related instruments;
- Legal advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of the Brazilian banking and capital markets;
- Legal advising on structuring and establishing investment funds, including the preparation and negotiation of the documents necessary to obtain required registrations with the Brazilian Securities Commission; and
- Regulatory advising for financial institutions, institutions subject to the same rules and other Brazilian financial and capital market participants.