Our mergers and acquisitions area is frequently involved in important business transactions. Our team that works in this area is highly specialized and composed of extremely well-qualified lawyers with broad experience in Brazil and abroad.
We advise on complex transactions, including public and private acquisitions, tender offers, joint ventures, disinvestments, investments in private equity and other strategic transactions, providing legal advice:
- To domestic and international buyers and sellers in transactions to acquire shares or assets in publicly traded or closely-held companies in various industries;
- In management buyouts;
- In the creation and development of corporate governance structures prior to sale, including share purchase options and other incentives for the executive team;
- In the development of acquisition structures that are efficient from a tax and regulatory perspective, including issuing legal opinions;
- In conducting legal due diligence;
- In matters before the Brazilian Securities Commission and the Economic Defense Administrative Council (Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica), or CADE; and
- In reviewing successor and tax planning for mergers and acquisitions.