We created our technology, digital law and intellectual property group to help our clients develop and protect their businesses, technologies, intellectual property, innovations and knowledge. Our team has advised domestic and international company of all sizes, including startups. Our clients work in various industries, but especially in the areas of information technology, software, entertainment, agribusiness, biotechnology, chemistry, cosmetics, automobiles and transportation.
We also advise our clients about recently-issued regulations or regulations that are currently under discussion in Congress that are related to: (i) innovation, the Internet, e-commerce and crowdfunding; (ii) privacy and personal data protection; (iii) biotechnology; and (iv) access to natural resources and traditional knowledge.
- Advising on the legal protection of intellectual property in Brazil, including patents, trademarks, copyright, domain names, trade secrets, unfair competition, technology transfer and cultivars;
- Intellectual property asset management, including preparing internal policies and strategies for registration and rights protection;
- Conducting due diligence on technology and intellectual property assets;
- Advising on the legal protection, sale and taxation of software, e-commerce platforms and apps in Brazil;
- Advising on the legal aspects of providing outsourced technology services;
- Advising on the legal aspects of the Internet in Brazil, including e-commerce, privacy and data protection;
- Advising on incentives for research and technological innovation and related tax breaks;
- Preparing, analyzing and negotiating technology transfer, patent assignment or licensing, trademark, software and other intellectual property agreements;
- Preparing, analyzing and negotiating information technology agreements, including for the assembly, distribution and resale of equipment and the distribution, resale, licensing, development, maintenance and support of software, systems and apps;
- Preparing, analyzing and negotiating agreements for access and apps over the Internet and general terms and conditions for Internet use and privacy policies; and
- Representing clients in lawsuits, arbitration and mediation involving intellectual property, unfair competition, false advertising and domain names issues.